Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Slip Up

I knew it was bound to happen I just didn't know when. I had been doing SO well for the past 4 weeks. Yesterday was not one of my better days. I did not eat well at all and I did not go to the gym. I binged on 100 calorie packs before I went to bed too. I wrote it all down in my paper journal and I am trying my hardest not to beat myself up about. These things happen. The 13 lbs I have lost in the last 4 weeks are not going to come rushing back because of one slip up. They will come rushing back with repeated and frequent slip ups. If this occurs, this is when I need to be concerned. My more prominent hip bones that I can feel aren't suddenly going to hide under a layer of fat after one late night snack attack. Key word one. I am aware of what happened. I need to accept it and move on. Today is a new day!

I was at the gym a little after 9 and did 20 minutes of weights, 50 minutes on the arc trainer, and 62 minutes on the treadclimber. For breakfast/lunch I had oatmeal with crasains. I will be drinking lost of water today and eating a sensible dinner. I also need to work on research for a paper that I have due on Monday.

I am going to the Iroquois Steeplechase in May here in Nashville and I am SO excited. I have told 3 friend that I am excited about going and they all seem shocked that I would be interested in such an event. I am definitely not a Nashville Socialite, but I do like to have a good time. Who wouldn't want to dress up and buy a big hat and drink and eat with good friends???? It is the day after I graduate and it is going to be awesome! I found my dress at Anthropologie last Sunday, I just didn't know it then. I couldn't justify spending $178 on a dress without somewhere to wear it. I now have a place to wear it. I am in love! I just need to make sure it fits right and actually purchase it ;) I also will need to find a nice big white hat with blue ribbon.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE Steeplechase! I'm glad you get to go...it'll be most excellent! Way to start over today...you're awesome!

Erin

EVA said...

damn those delicious snack packs! been there sister. sounds like you've got it all under control though....and im thinkin' you played more than enough catch up with that kick tail work out. you are my hero!

Kim L said...

At least they were the 100 calorie packs, right?

I LOVE that dress. It's beautiful!

Also, your longing-for list has a few things I really long for: the nice big kitchen, the set of knives, and a place of my own. Sounds good to me.

anna said...

soooo awesome! i love anthro!!

oh, and i thought i was the ONLY ONE who binged on 100 calorie packs. it's kinda like, what's the point when you eat 6 of them? I KNOW!!