Monday, January 21, 2008

On Care Packages

Care packages and packages in general rock. Especially when they are from my mom. I can not wait until I have kids, so I can eventually send one of these bad boys to them and put the same thoughtfulness and love as my mom does. I am not saying I have never sent one to a friend, I just think it will be a different experience to send one to a child.

With that said, the package I received on Saturday was a mix of Christmas presents from family (because I did not actually go home for Christmas) and assorted fun gifts from my mom.

Contents included:

2 books: A Pocket Guide to Herbs and Berries: 40 Delectable Recipes for all Seasons. The food in this cookbook looks so yummy! I love it because each recipe is accompanied by photos. There is a recipe for chocolate crepes I am dying to try. The crepe batter has chocolate in it! Oh man I could really go for a crepe with Nutella served to me in Paris :)

4 tall plastic glasses. When I was home for Thanksgiving my mom had theses awesome tall plastic glasses that I LOVED. They were great for water. Because she is so kind and would give me the shirt off her back she said I could have them. Even though I loved them, they were being used by her and my brother quite frequently. She got me glasses!

Chicken Bullion Cubes. I knew she had a ton that she wasn't going to use, so I asked her to send a few.

A spiral bound journal from the Hallmark (Product) Red line. It has a rubber band on the right side. My mom knows I love journals like that. The front says "Believe in a thousand impossible things you've never believed before."

A cute little Mary Englbreit notecard

My straightener I left at home

Some hand lotion I order from a friend

The Christmas gifts included:

Desk Clock
Purse
Coin Purse-I took this back because I will never use it.
$25

My mom is awesome.

1 comment:

anna said...

just found your blog...i was feeling like a weird lurker trying to get the details on your ex and the break up and finally i just decided to comment. you seem like a strong woman! i like your writing style. it's so real. thanks for posting. ~anna (in tacoma)