Thursday, January 24, 2008

Listening to My Body

I have been trying really hard recently to be more aware of my body and how it reacts to certain things and how I feel. When I eat better and normal size portions I get full faster, usually before I have completed the entire meal. I am gradually working on not feeling like I have to clean my plate. I also have been trying really hard to figure out if I am hungry or just bored or some other emotion before I snack. I think this has helped immensely. This week I have been going to the gym, but I just have not been feeling it as much. I have been working out, but just not as long as usual. Last night I was in bed at 9 and slept in until 7:30. Listening to my body is a novel concept and I am giving it a go.

Today was an interesting day. I have been asked to go out to lunch with co-workers that past 3 days and I have declined. I have been doing really well with bringing my lunch and the places they pick aren't the friendliest in terms of food. Why buy a salad out when I made my own salad?

Also today was my mid-year review. Of course I did wonderfully. However my boss has noticed a change and I am not my normal chipper self. Well duh, my job has sucked the last couple months. I just find myself more and more frustrated. The prospects of graduation have had my mind filled with the ideas of moving and finding a new job. He asked me what my intentions were for my position which I don't think is a fair question. I of course lied, but there is a possibility of a new position opening up and I told him I was interested in it. He seemed very pleased. I have no clue what is going to happen and I sure know that it is none of his damn business either.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yeah. I need the weekend. I needed it yesterday.

2 comments:

Krissie said...

Graduation is such a scary and exciting time! You will know your dream opportunity when it smacks you in the face.

You have such willpower for not going out to lunches. It's better for your health and your wallet!

It's amazing how you have no idea what day it is when you don't have a job to go to...

Enjoy the weekend!

Lex said...

Wow, this entire post took the words right out of my own mouth.

From trying to listen to my body and not snack simply due to boredom etc. (this is a huge struggle for me ever since I quit smoking because I need something to fill the void);
to declining take out from coworkers (which I would *never* turn down previously) ... yay home made salads! ;
and finally the less than enthusiastic attitude at work due to the suckiness it encompasses.

you truely ripped the thoughts out of my head! LOL

Hope your Friday flies by!