Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I have a new boyfriend...

and his name is Gym. Seriously he is awesome :) He's there for me whenever I need him. He doesn't talk back. He supports me and pushes me. It's a beautiful thing.

I was joking around with a friend today and I told her who my new boyfriend was and we both had a good laugh. I have pretty much decided I am not going to look for a boyfriend this year. I am most likely moving by the end of the year and who wants to deal with a long distance relationship? Plus, I am doing a pretty good job of staying social and busy.

So last night the person I had drinks with was the ex. Great conversation for 2 hours or so catching up and sharing some laughs. I am amazed that we have maintained a friendship. I am amazed at how much I feel I have matured in the past few months. I am amazed how I no longer have strong feelings for him other then feelings of friendship.

My interview went great this morning!

Eating was wonderful as well. I passed on Chili's for lunch and ate the lunch I brought. I just couldn't justify spending the money when I have plenty of food I need to eat and taking a 1.5+ hour lunch.

I headed to the gym after work and it was SUPER crowded. I really wish people would stop going, so I can have my old Y back. Weight 25 minutes, treadmill intervals on random-30 minutes, treadclimber 60 minutes. I would have liked to do more cardio, but there was just no way after the treadclimber that was happening.

Tomorrow should be a relatively easy day at work, besides the mid-year review. Hopefully I can get to bed early tonight!

5 comments:

Krissie said...

Your boyfriend Gym. I love it. Although when I picture Jim from the Office, I love it even more. They don't get any cuter.

I am proud of you and Zach. I know how hard that can be. I think your outlook and plans for the future are making that transition easier for you.

You work out SO HARD! I was thinking of staying in and doing pilates today, but you've motivated me to brave the snow and go to the gym anyway!

Anonymous said...

Great workout! LOL @ your boyfriend Gym.

Candace MacPherson said...

First time visiting you. I bopped around from 2003 to more recent posts and am quite impressed. You look great, BTW. Have fun in your relationship with Gym - nice that you'll be able to find someone much like him when you move.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for coming by and commenting! I appreciate it so much!

And I totally agree! People keep taking my machines at the gym and I just keep secretly wishing they would give up on their New Year's resolutions (most of them are super skinny anyway)... grr... I give it another week before it quiets down again.

And your weight numbers are looking great! I can't wait to see those 190s too... So exciting!

Anonymous said...

The talk about not starting to date anyone before you graduate sounds like famous last words to me. . . . ;)