Saturday, February 16, 2008

Emotionally Drained

I feel so emotionally drained right now. It has been a difficult week between goings on at work, thinking about moving, applying for jobs, and supporting my friends, oh and school. Supporting my friends has been interesting. Two of my closest friends are going through some situations both with older guys. Since I have been through a relationship with an older guy, they now seek my counsel. I am so not the person they need to be talking to, because I look back on it now it it almost seems like my past relationship was doomed from the beginning. So it makes it a little hard to be supportive. So it has brought back a lot of memories (as I type this I am listening to lately...and I am about to put in Brandi Carlile). In high school I was never the girl other girls confided in and now I feel like girls are. It's sort of weird.

So I went to Anthropologie today. I tried on the dress I had been in love with and wanted to buy...but had yet to try on. I tried it on and while a size 10 fit and my friend said it looked great, I really wanted it to be just a bit longer. I ended up not buying it. But I bought in awesome denim Jakie O type cropped denim jacket for $49.95 normally $168! I had some problems installing the new operating system yesterday so I had to go to the genius bar today. My computer is up and running, but now I have to transfer a bunch of stuff...

Yesterday I went to my cheers bar with my friends. As I walked in I immediately saw two of the ex's good friends who I haven't seen since August. I immediately felt awkward, but they were so nice and generally seemed nice. One of them even gave me a hug. For dinner last night I didn't order really order a meal. I didn't want meat at all. I just ordered the house made potato chips and shared with my friends and then the thin mint chocolate mouse which was SO yummy. I am super proud of my choices, while not the healthiest options I ordered what I wanted. Oh and the waitress told me I looked like Scarlet Johansson. I don't see it, but it was a nice compliment all the same.

3 comments:

lainb said...

I see a little Scarlet Johansson in you...and Scarlet is beeeeautiful if I do say so myself. Your waitress definitely gave you a compliment!

*Christie* said...

Actually i do think you look like her!!!! Now that it's mentioned, I totally see it!

Just catching up on your entries... listened to that song and I liked it. Have you ever listened to The Weepies? Check them out on myspace, listen to 'World Spins Madly On' :)

I'm glad you are learning to take compliments, it will go a long way to helping you feel great about yourself.

I'm also glad you are eating things you love! That's awesome :)

anna said...

ooooh, i LOVE anthropologie. see, now you HAVE to move to seattle so we can hook up and go shop together. sorry, was that weird, blog-stalkerish?

and i think you are prettier than scarlet johansson. but i do see a similarity in the eyes maybe.