Monday, January 14, 2008

An Update

So anytime I have a little success with weight loss after a slump I do some major day dreaming. I look at how many weeks there are until X event. And how many pounds I could reasonably lose before X event. Have ever really lost the potential poundage before X event? Nope, never, not even really close. So I am not really sure why I did it tonight, other then sheer boredom from my class lecture.

Anyway, the X events coming up for my are the cruise. I will be gone January 31-February 4. So that means I have 2 more weigh-ins before I leave. Since I get back on a Monday I am not going to weigh-in on the 4th. I also have 16 weeks until I graduate. 16! one-six! Sixteen!!!! Wow. It will be here before I know it. I am trying really hard not to put major goals in front of my because past experiences have not proved successful. I just need to focus on each week as it comes.

Today was crazy at work. I was at work for about 20 minutes and things just didn't stop after that. I managed to pull myself away during lunch and walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes. I really fought with this. I didn't want to go, but I knew I wouldn't get any exercise in if I didn't go during lunch. I ended up going and ate lunch at my desk when I finished. Then I had a meeting. And before I knew it, it was 4 and ready to go to a class interview/meeting that lasted until 6. I then drove across town in 10 minutes and made it to my 6:15 class on time.

I grabbed a granola bard and chips ahoy candy bites from my desk and ate those during class. While I wasn't really that hungry when I got home I figured I better eat something more substantial, so I ate my left over Pei Wei Spicy.

This is the pink shirt I wore today. I wore a pink cable knit sweater over it. It feels good to be able to wear clothes I previously wore.

24th Birthday 001

Tomorrow I have a 10 AM meeting that will probably be 2-3 hours and we will probably go out to lunch after. So I am going to gym between work and class.

I hope everyone had great weigh ins today!

4 comments:

Carleen said...

keep up the great work- your going be great for your cruise!!!

I vote to take each day as it comes...

Krissie said...

You really are awesome. You really have to dissect your day to find time make time for your health. I love that you walk during lunch. I hope I can create healthy habits like that when I go back to work!

By the way, my back-up job is at the Cosi we ate at. I hope I don't have to take it, but it's good to have options.

M said...

congrats! its hard not to look at the big goal and I do the same thing with events or for me, dates- I want to lose X lbs by this date. On the whole, having a goal can be helpful I think as long as you don't beat yourself up if you don't get fully there- the journey has helped so you've won overall :)

yea for your lunch exercise! you rock!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! You look great in the pink shirt by the way!