Saturday, January 19, 2008

An Amendment to the "I Love Me" List

So I was doing some more thinking about the list and I have two modifications to make:

2. When did you surprise yourself with your physical strength?
When I was in South Africa at the Cape of Good Hope. We went up to the area where one of the lighthouses was located. It was still a good 20 minute hike to the lighthouse form the parking lot. At first I wasn't going to do walk up there. Then I thought "What the heck? Who knows when I will be back in South Africa again?" I climbed to that light house and wasn't completely winded while some of my classmates were! *Hopefully* I will have all of my pictures uploaded soon :)

3. When were you braver than you ever thought you could be?
I still don't view myself as brave. But when I went through the breakup a week before my birthday, I really surprised and amazed myself at how I handled it. Sure I cried a lot and stopped eating for a while, but I also was able to book a last minute trip to Seattle for my birthday and see my lovely friends and family. I could have moped around for a while, but instead I reached out to friends in Nashville and I can honestly say the last 4 months have been 4 of the most enjoyable months I have spent in Nashville.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I admire you for many reasons - - but mostly for #3. I feel I am on the brink of a break up (either as the breaker or break-ee)and would love to be the breaker but am too afraid of what it will be like if I do.

Krissie said...

I am glad you didn't go into hiding! You're too awesome for that!

And Seattle can cheer anyone up!

Anonymous said...

Good answers! And I'm glad you're enjoying your CSA membership. :D