Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Chips, Chips, and more Chips

So I had planned today that I would eat lunch out. I was craving Pei Wei and that was vetoed by the boys in the office. So we ended up going to my least favorite Mexican food place in Nashville. It is pure crap, but everyone loves it. I don't get it at all. Everyone raves about the cheese dip. It isn't that good. Their chips however I can handle ie I have no problem eating. I ended up ordering a chicken burrito with rice and beans. I ate way too many chips, the whole burrito, and about 3/4 of the rice and beans. I was so full I felt disgusting the entire afternoon. At least it was a late lunch so there was only about 2 hours left in the day by the time I was back to my desk.

Even though I was feeling full I walked on the treadmill for 65 minutes between work and class. When I got back to my office a co-worker stopped by and asked if I had lunch plans for tomorrow. I was planning to go to the gym, but I haven't had a chance to really talk with this co-worker in a long time since we have both been so busy. SO we are going to Pei Wei tomorrow for lunch :) Have no fear. I will still be going to the gym after work for a few hours

So I had my entrepreneurial growth class. Somehow I have been put in charge of starting the graduate entrepreneurial round table group to throw ideas back and forth between current students and past students. This scares the shit out of me. What if I pick a bar (or some other location that serves drinks) and people don't show up and I am there by myself? I think that is my biggest fear. Now I just need to draft an e-mail and pick a time and place...

1 comment:

Krissie said...

I think there is value in eating too much once in a while to remind ourselves how much we hate that feeling - and to prevent us from romanticizing Mexican restaurants or value meals.

Good job getting on the treadmill anyway!

Good luck setting up the event. You'll rock it! You always do!