Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's Almost the Weekend

Tomorrow is Friday. Yeah!!!! Today seemed like such a long day. I ate my leftovers for lunch today. I seriously had to fight off the munchies all day today. I left work around 4 and headed to the gym. I was hoping since we had really bad rain storms it would be less crowded. No dice. They have this awesome new cardio machine called a tread climber. That thing is an AMAZING workout. I was drenched in sweat. It reminds me of when I first discovered the arc trainer. So you really have to pay attention when you get on the thing because it is a little tricky. The gym has signs saying it is not a normal treadmill because so many people have tripped on them. Anyway, this lady gets on the one next to me. It is pretty obvious she has not been on one before. Then she starts RUNNING. Umm, I can hardly keep up with 3.0 MPH. This machine is not meant for running. She slowly realizes it's difficult to run on and slows down. Finally she stops after about 3 minutes and picks up her phone and starts gabbing away while there is sign directly in front of her that says "cell phone free area." So I am thinking to myself jokingly she must not be able to read. When I really know she just thinks she is more important then she actually as, and those rules don't apply to her. So next she gets on a bike in front of me. You start peddling and on the screen scrolls words about pressing enter to start. The chick kept pressing the arrow button for about a minute and couldn't get it to work. And now I am thinking she really can't read. She finally got it to work and then a minute later got off. I think she was really just to pre-occupied with herself.

So I only worked out for 45 minutes today and I am completely ok with that. I think being sick and lack of sleep is starting to catch up to me. I just want to be better.

Dinner tonight consisted of 2 small yukon gold potatoes with a can of rotel on top. I also had to small bowls of sherbet. The second one was a splurge, but it was so good.

Hope you all had a great Thursday. I am off to bed soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when people are stupid like that!!!!! It drives me crazy :) Hope you feel better today!

*Christie* said...

It amazes me how self absorbed some people can be.

On a higher note I wanted to say thank you. You are a really good friend. Even though I disappear a lot you always check my blog and you always leave me sweet and supportive comments. I really appreciate that. It is nice to know that you really care and that you dont forget about me. I want to give you a big giant hug. :)