Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2 Classes down, 18 more to go

or 9 more weeks. I just finished my first week of classes for the semester. And it is not going to be that bad at all. In my strategic management class I have 2 group projects and 4 small individual assignments. In my managing a growing venture class I have to group papers and presentations. The growth class is taught by my favorite professor. I really admire the man's business sense and his teaching style. His classes are always engaging. Even though they usually run over, I am so enthralled by what he is saying I usually don't care. There are 5 people total in the class so it is a lot more like a discussion then an actual lecture. Tonight we were talking about company culture and he knows my current feelings about my job. He called me cynical in my feelings towards my employer. It made me a little sad, but it is not a lie. Kind of fitting he said this when I am currently updating my resume to apply for other jobs. I hope I am not so cynical in other aspects of my life. I know I am towards religion. It's not that I don't believe, it's just I live in the Bible Belt where people claim to be so "godly" and shove it down your throat. I have come to learn that some (not all) of these people don't practice what they preach. I also work at a Christian University and some of the behavior and examples displayed by leadership I just don't agree with.

Ok, I got a little bit off tangent there. Today was another great day. I slept in a little bit and then I had a dentist appointment for my braces. I am getting the clear ones. While some impressions were being taken a commercial came on the TV for Weight Watchers. The lady taking the molds said she was doing WW. Once said molds were out of my mouth I told her I did it as well. She wanted to know how much weight I have lost and I told her. She couldn't believe. Before I left I think the whole office new how much I had lost. At one point in this journey I think I would have been embarrassed or mad that she told everyone, but now I am proud. I have been working this thing for over 4 years and have kept off (for the most part) 100 lbs. That is huge!

I stuck to my planned meals. I walked on the treadmill at lunch for an hour. I didn't buy an unhealthy snack before class. My after class snack was a small Fiestaware custard bowl of rainbow sherbet.

I am learning control! Making healthier choices are becoming easier!

Tomorrow I am going to a late (1:30) lunch with my favorite professor's son. We went to college together and now work on campus together. There is absolutely no romantic link what-so-ever. We usually try to get lunch about once a month or so. So I will probably have 2 snacks before lunch instead of my usual one. I am not sure where we are going, so that makes me a little nervous. I will be going to the Y after work though for some weight training and cardio.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: