Wednesday, June 10, 2009

14 Positive Statements

So last week in my negotiation class when talking about performance, the professor told us that is takes 14 positive statements about performance to make up for 1 negative statement about performance. I am sure that this study was conducted in some sort of workplace environment, but I think it could translate very easily to the weight loss world. Seriously? 14 statements? That's a lot. But I think it really illustrates how important positive self talk about ourselves is. I am going to try really hard to think more positively about myself. Don't you want to give it a try too??

Some positives I came up with this morning:
1. I made it to the gym the past 3 mornings.
2. My jeans fit this morning. I was a little nervous, because when summer time rolls around I tend to wear what I call "easy skirts" or cotton skirts with an elastic waist. While they are super comfortable, they don't provide too much indication of weight gain.
3. I ate my dinner at home even though I really wanted to eat out last night.
4. I didn't buy that sheet cake I had thought about buying this weekend, just so I could eat it all by myself. Who eats an entire sheet cake?? Or would buy one with the intention of eating it?
5. I have not been procrastinating with my negotiations homework this week.

That's all I've got.

No comments: