Friday, September 26, 2008

Thursday Recap

So after work I was planning on going to the gym at work. However, due to the debate the gym is closed. So at 5:40 I went back and forth between wanting to workout vs. battling the traffic on the road and at the gym. You will all be happy to know I ended up winning, and went to the gym for an hour where I did the arc trainer :)

Came home and got ready to go out. I had 2 jack and diet cokes. I had the bartender make them tall, so my friends started calling them double diets. I did have some fries last night as well, but nothing horrible. A guy I know is one of the DJ's. I don't know him that well, but I know him enough to know he is pretty cool. I don't think he recognized me at first when he saw me. We chatted for a bit and he said to be sure to say goodbye before I left, if I was leaving early. So when I got up to leave, I looked for him and saw he was outside. I went outside to say goodbye and he seemed really surprised that I came outside to say goodbye to him. We chatted for a few minutes and we might hang out next week. I didn't get home until about 12:30.

I thought since I got home late it would be hard to get up at 4:40. I was able to get out of bed surprisingly easily and hit the gym. Boot camp class for an hour and the arc trainer for 45 minutes. We ran a fair distance about halfway through the class. I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I passed not one, but TWO guys and I was the first girl to finish!

In other news, I am still waiting to find out, but keep the good thoughts coming.

Also, I found out yesterday I will be going to Voodoo Fest this year! I am super excited because I will have an ALL ACCESS pass and be able to watch a lot of the shows from the stage :) Plus, I have never been to New Orleans. The plan is to fly in early Friday morning and leave Monday afternoon to spend a little time in the city.

Have a wonderful weekend! I know I will!

4 comments:

M said...

congrats on the fest pass! You'll have a GREAT time! STP, REM! great line up!

*Christie* said...

I looooove the arc trainer. Hardly any places have them yet around here. Just the gym by my parents house. But I am getting a punch pass for that gym next week so i can start going there a couple of days per week. One day a week I go to my parents to do laundry so it will be easy to go that day. The gym is seriously 2 minutes from their place.
I'm glad you're happy right now :) Can't wait to hear what this news is you are hoping to share with us soon...

Anonymous said...

LANG ZUL JE LEVEN
LANG ZUL JE LEVEN IN DE GLORIA!!!

van harte gefeliciteerd, hope you have a good one :)

Kjrsten said...

How did you get an all access pass? YOU ARE MY HERO! OK can I tell you who you must see (and think of me, I will be there with you in spirit!)

TV on the radio
Devotchka
the Mars Volta
Ghostland Observatory
Cold War Kids

Of course the list goes on!
(just thinking about it is making my mouth water)
have FUN!