Friday, June 20, 2008

Boot Core Day 9

Today was my favorite day of class yet. We started with a 1/2 mile run around the track. It was a nice cool overcast morning. We had 5 stations and we only made it about 2.5 time through. We spent about 3 minutes at each station. The first station was a step and we did these jump things over it and would have sprints to the left and right. The next station was a series of cones which we shuffled, skipped, squated, sprinted through in various parents. After that station I was pretty drenched. Then we went into the building and we used a weight machine and gripped the handle in one arm while in a lunge and had a 3-5 lb ball in the other hand. Our arms were spread out at our shoulders and we would cross the ball over the other hand. Then switch sides. Let me tell you. This.was.painful. It was crazy. My thighs were burning. My shoulders were burning and the 3 minutes couldn't end fast enough. The next station was the spin bike. The final station was with the medicine ball. We threw in on the ground as hard as we could. repeat.

We finished with various types of crunches and stretches. I hit the stairmaster for another 45 minutes and stretching.

Last night I had dinner at Ruth's Chris. I totally overdid it, but I am ok with that. It's not every day I get to eat at a place like that, so I enjoyed it. LOTS of warm French bread and butter. Shrimp cocktail. Cesar salad, Fillet Mignon, Lyonnaise potatoes, asparagus. There were 3 of us and we split the chocolate sin cake and the warm apple tart. I preferred the apple tart. Leftover filet, potatoes, and asparagus. I got home and I was completely stuffed and tired. I forced myself to stay up. At what point I found myself wanting a snack, but I knew I was still stuffed. I didn't eat anything and went to bed.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

No comments: