Monday, June 23, 2008

Boot Core Day 10

I am house sitting/dog sitting for a friend this week. And let me tell you, even though the gym is now only about 2 minutes away instead of 5, I did not want to get out of bed. I stayed out a little too late last night and didn't sleep as well as I would have liked do to not sleeping in my own bed. This past weekend (well really week) I have indulged my taste buds. I wouldn't say I have binged by any means, but it was a lot higher in fat than I normally eat. Friday evening I hung out with my little sister and we went to Logan's for dinner. I had a salad, 2 rolls, and peanuts. Later that evening I had 2 beers. Mmmmm Magic Hat is yummy. Saturday I made it to the gym. That night I had mexican. I had really been craving it and the chips and salsa were YUMMY. I had fish tacos. Beer battered fish tacos. Oh my, they were so good. Later I had 3 beers. Sunday I really struggled with workout plans. I wanted to do something, but I also realized the need to rest. So I compromised and went to the lake and walked for about 50 minutes. I pretty much was lazy the whole day. I ate a bunch of caramels. I met my friends at a sports bar and we watched the cubs/white sox game. I had a french dip with fries and it was yummy. I was really craving something sweet and I should have just stopped at the grocery store even though it was late. Instead I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich and some tostitos. Hello! I should have just gone to bed.

So before I went to bed last night I knew I wasn't going to weigh this morning and I am ok with that. Boot core was hard this morning. Mainly, because I could tell my weekend's activities had taken a toll on my body and wanted to throw up for the first 20 minutes of class. We did a lot of cardio (ie running) and upper body circuits followed by some ab work. I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and hit up the grocery store for food. So remember that ice cream I wanted? I bought it (slow churned, reduced fat chocolate) along with double stuff chocolate filled oreos, peanuts, and chocolate sauce. And you know what??? I ATE IT FOR BREAKFAST! And I am ok with that. I was craving it. I wanted it. And now the craving is gone. It's not like I do that every day, so I am ok with it.

Here's to a great week filled with listening to my body!

No comments: