Saturday, February 09, 2008

"I didn't have a camera by my side this time"

And it is probably a good thing the carnage from last night was not documented. I dropped my car off at the dealership last night for service. I had plans to go to dinner near the dealership with two friends, but the wait was 70 minutes. Umm, thanks but no thanks. We had dinner at an old standby. And within walking distance of the bar where we were going to meet another one of my friends. I had 3 Jack and Dianes with dinner. I "paid" for 6 at the other bar. I say "paid" because I know the bartender "took care" of us last night. Umm, why can't he take care of me right now because I feel like poo???? Umm, so if you are keeping track that would be at least 9 drinks and I am sure some of them might have been doubles (a little scary). He made us shots for "free" and I am sure he didn't charge us for all of our drinks. Oh, and I made my dinner reservation for graduation night for my parents and about 5 of my friends. Now I just need to order my graduation announcements.

So I had grand plans for the day. I was going to clean my room. I was going to do homework. I was going to attempt to run/walk outside. I was generally going to be productive. Has any of the happened? No. I woke up at 10:30 AM and thought I was late for work. Umm, it is Saturday and I don't have to work. Thank God I realized this before I called my boss about to apologize for being late. Now I am waiting for a call from the dealership letting me know what is wrong with my car and how much it will cost. I think I am going to go back to bed. Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

anna said...

hee hee! you are so funny! don't worry about the number of drinks...just as long as you had fun and didn't get hurt, right?

i hate those days when you "intend" to get a lot done. and then you just don't feel like doing it. blah.

it happens.

btw, did you like the book? you didn't say.

Sarah said...

I wasn't hurt except for the awful headache I had on Saturday :(

I did enjoy Love in the Time of Cholera. It wasn't one of my all time favorites, but it was a good read.