Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Good Day

Luckily I survived the tornadoes and they did not hit where I live. Other parts of the state have not been so lucky. The university I work for is pulling together to help Union University which suffered major damage.

My eating went pretty well today. I had a black bean burger sandwich on wheat bread with lots of veggies. It was good, but I think they fried the patty. Next time I will go with my standard tomato and avocado sandwich. I splurged and also had potato chips. They are just so yummy. They are crinkle cut kettle chips with salt and pepper. Yum!

I made it to the gym after work today too. 25 minutes of weights. 60 minutes on the arc trainer. 21 minutes on the treadmill. I came home and made myself a yummy chicken salad with crasains, pickles,onions, salt and pepper, dijonaise. I crunched up a small bag of apple chips. I served it over romaine lettuce.

Here are a few things that made me smile today: remember that the doorman at the hotel in Miami told me I "take to" Jessica Biel and getting my sandwich card double punched today at lunch. He doesn't do that for my co-workers. I think he might have a slight crush on me or something like that.

I was looking through one of my friend's pictures from the cruise. And I am really starting to notice that I see myself completely different then I appear. Or at least it feels that way. I feel like have rolls, stomach flab, and thunder thighs. While I still have some of this, I think my mind makes it out to be much worse then it is. The picture that made me realize this was one she took and I didn't know. I was relaxing in a lounge chair. I remember that moment feeling self-conscious about the way I looked even with a t-shirt on. But in the picture I looked normal. Now if only I can feel the way I really do look.

2 comments:

anna said...

i love it when someone in food service gets a crush! tee hee...it's flattering AND convenient! also, i totally relate to your realization that your body is not as bad as you always tell yourself. sometimes it's good to step back and allow yourself to feel GOOD!

Sarah said...

It really is quite flattering and convenient for my pocketbook. I just wish this guy worked every time I went. Thanks to him I earned a free sandwich in half the time!