Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Doing Something for Myself

The last few days have been a bit frustrating as far as the scale goes. My eating has not been wonderful, but it hasn't really been out of control either. I didn't go to the gym because my schedule was CRAZY. I had the Band of Horses Show Last night and it was almost 1 AM before I was home. The show as amazing and I had such a blast and I feel like I won the lottery by getting a ticket.

Today I had my grant writing class. I thought it was going to be $200, but it was only $100! When my dad heard I was taking it, he offered to pay for it. Because of his generosity I can now take the Advance Grant Writing Class too!

After, I rushed home to change my clothes and then get a mani/pedi. Longest mani/pedi ever! Almost 2 hours later I walked out of there. But I am ok with it. I have been trying to find a nail salon here in Nashville, that I like (ie their cleaning standards meet mine) and I think I found it. Also since I went to NYC I have been getting a mani about every 2 weeks. This is my treat to myself. I deserve it. I am not using it as a reward for losing X amount of lbs. I have learned I don't respond well to that sort of motivation. Because, well, I usually get everything I need/want within reason of course. So my 1.5 month manicures have been wonderful. I have been getting black nail polish every single time as well, just because I like it. Also, I have been wearing my big-mama ring every single day since the start of the new year. It is a 9 carat sapphire I got as a graduation present from one of my aunts from undergrad 3 years ago. (When I got the ring it was tight, now it is almost too big!) The thing is huge and I have now made it MY signature piece. It's kind of funny because after I started wearing it all the time a co-worker bought a big ring and subsequently has been painting her nails black. I am sort of flattered. Doing these 2 small things make me feel great about myself. Nail polish and a ring make me feel beautiful.

I leave for my cruise tomorrow. If I don't come back, I've run off with John Mayer ;) Have a great weekend everyone!

IMG_4320.JPG

12 comments:

The Price's Wife said...

That's a good looking hand... I've been doing the black thing lately myself.

Krissie said...

Maybe a "signature piece" will be my gift when this weight-loss thing has been kicked. I like it.

I had a pedi yesterday, and it was amazing. My ring toe on my left toe is sore (I don't remember anything hurting), but they sure are purty!

Have an awesome time on your cruise! I'll miss you!

Shayna said...

give johnny a big smooch for me!

Kjrsten said...

Hey Sarah, Love your blog! (fat guy in a little coat is one of my favorite TB quotes, I laughed when I saw your title!)

answers:
1) AWESOME, I bet they killed it in nashville! they Rock so hard you want to jump and yet sing so sweetly you want to cry! The lyrics are brilliant! SO glad to meet a fellow friend in awe musical genious!

2) that is so funny about the curtis hotel, I am starting to think we share DNA?!

3) this just gets crazier by the minute, yes I know them... do you know TRACY!

And now if you don't mind me saying, you are beautiful, as you are! Don't sweat the scale too much!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!

anna said...

pretty pretty pretty...

when pumping yourself up, having a "signature-something" is a "Definate DO"

i love THAT RING! so amazing! part of me would be slightly annoyed by my co-worker copy-cat. you are sweet to be flattered! ha ha

i see you and my sis have a major link. yeah for horses! they rock!

have a great cruise!

Lex said...

Black nailpolish is where its AT! your bling is absolutely beautiful, and you wear it well!

It's good that you are doing things for yourself. We should all spoil ourselves once in a while.

enjoy your cruise!!!!!

Carleen said...

enjoy your trip!!!

lainb said...

I love that ring!!

Linds said...

Love the ring, and love the nails! Lol I did black on my last pedi and loved it! Can't wait to hear all about the cruise!!! YAY hope you had fun!!

Alethea said...

love the nails!

Sarah said...

Black nail polish is where it's at! The salt water did a number on my pedicure and I had to take it all off last night :(