Monday, January 28, 2008

Easter Challenge Week 4

I gained a pound. I am back up to 193.
I exercised 6 of the 7 days for 796 minutes.

I think I was preparing myself for this yesterday. Although I would have preferred to maintain. I am sure if I would have maintained I would have been equally as frustrated. A thousand different things have been running through my mind this morning. Maybe I ate too much salt the past few days? I am PMSing. I drank too much diet coke this week. Maybe I gained muscle? (one can hope!) Looking back over what I ate last week the main differences were drinks on Tuesday night and snack attack/binge on Friday. I think my eating on Friday had a lot to do with this.

I really wanted to be at 190 or even in the 180's before I left for my cruise. But how realistic is that? It's just a number. The amount of fun I have on the cruise is not going to be determined by a couple of pounds.

I have lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks! That's amazing. I should feel proud and accomplished. I do. My healthy habits are back.

I have a busy day ahead of me and I am not going to let this gain mess up my plans. I am not going to say "screw it" like I might have done last year and use the gain as an excuse to eat badly.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so angry at the scale today! For everyone. It makes me want to just get rid of it.

But, you are totally right. Your results are amazing. Your healthy habits are back. That is what matters!

Hang in there, girl!

anna said...

seriously, with that much working out, it is probably muscle! i love your attitude though. it's just a number and it DOES NOT determine the amount of fun you will have, nor does that NUMBER define who you are. it's just a number. you've come so far! you can keep pursuing your goals even when you have a frusterating weigh in!!

Fatty said...

Wow- 12lbs in 4 weeks is really something to be proud of. Good for you!!! And you are right, dont focus on the number - you are going to have such a blast on the cruise. HAVE FUN!!!