Sunday, January 27, 2008

Procrastination...

I am doing an industry analysis on the cosmetics industry. I don't really want to be doing it either. Hence the reason I am blogging. So earlier today, instead of working on the analysis, I went to the bookstore and got dinner. At the bookstore I bought two Food Network cookbooks, a magazine, AND a Lonely Planet guide to Buenos Aires!!!! That's right folks, my friends and are planning a trip to Argentina in the fall!!!! I am SO excited. (Jen expect in e-mail from me in the coming weeks!) We all wanted to go somewhere none of us had been before. Europe was pretty much out and we decided we would need much longer then a week or so to go to Asia. So Argentina it is! Also as I was walking to the cash register in the bookstore I spotted someone I recognized, but couldn't place immediately. A few more steps and I realized it was Ben Folds. The last time I was at that book store I saw Martina McBride. Could I please see someone like John Mayer there? That would really make my day, but I guess that would be much more likely if he lived here ;) Heck I would settle for Keith Urban or Nicole Kidman.

Dinner at Panera by myself was uneventful. I got the greek salad and had very little dressing. I just love the flavor combination of purple onion, feta, olives, and peppers. I also ate the whole grain baguette. I LOVE this baguette. While I could have gotten the apple, I rarely eat bread so this was a treat.

Back to the paper...

4 comments:

Blossom said...

You really have come a long long way. Just from seeing your two photos, a stranger can see the difference, even if you can't. Definitely don't sell yourself short. The last part is always the longest and most challenging. But from what I've read from you lately, you're taking all the right steps (amping up the exercise & trying to eat healthy). I totally believe you will get there. Believe in yourself!

The Price's Wife said...

Everyone has a bad day or week or month... what makes you so cool is that you HAVE been at this for 4 years... Wow... you have completely changed your lifestyle... you've learned to bounce back from a bad day, or week or month... without allowing it to turn into a bad year! I think you just plain rock...

I also understand what it is to worry about not being happy at goal. At one time 40lbs was my goal, and when I hit it I was really sad because my body was so not what I wanted it to be... I'm going to lose another 10 and then the next goal is going to be learning how to love myself the way I am!

anna said...

mmmm, panera! i love the baguette, too! i so hate that stupid little apple they give you when you are faced with all that FRESHLY BAKED BREAD! it is so evil.

lainb said...

Argentina? Sweet!!!