Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Preview: Santa Rampage 12/11/11

Santa Rampage is one of my favorite days of the year. My friends and I talk about it year round. The outfit is a pretty integral part of the evening. Each year I have had a different costume. Last year I had dreams of making my own outfit. I got as far as cutting out all of the fabric and sewing the darts on the bodice part of the dress. Then I gave up. I had a great outfit last year, but I also had an unfinished dress.

I took home all the fabric and the pattern and even the sewing machine my mom gave me with plans of finishing it over Thanksgiving. My mom is awesome. She finished the dress for me. I helped but there is no way I could have finished the dress on my own. No way. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could sew a zipper in something. According to my mom, the dress isn't state fair award winning, but I just needed it to not fall apart on me. I consider it a success.

My favorite line from Saturday, besides being called Tall Santa, was when a girl asked me about my dress.

"Where did you get that dress? I didn't see that one at the store when I was looking."
"It's an original."

That's right I had a one of a kind Santa dress.

IMG_9080_2

My motley Santa crew.

IMG_9196

No comments: