Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday Eats

First I went to Kroger this morning for some groceries. I had planned on going to trader joes tomorrow as well for more lunch food, but I realized that I will be eating 2 of my 5 lunches out and I can probably make do for the rest of the week. Lunches should be a little bit interesting.

Here is what $24.53 will get you at Kroger:
IMG_0429
1 box of All Bran Bran Buds
1 container Old Fashioned Oats
2 bags of frozen cauliflower
2 pears
1 cucumber
1 red pepper
green grapes
1/2 pound cajun turkey breast
2 Russell Stover's Chocolate Coconut Nests (my second favorite Easter Candy behind the Cadbury hard shell chocolate eggs, of which I have not seen the dark chocolate variety this year :( Of course they will be eaten after Easter)
1 Snickers egg (for the roomie)

Breakfast
Oatmeal with berry mixture and as a special treat, brown sugar
IMG_0428

Snack
About a tablespoon of the All Bran Brand Buds
IMG_0430

Lunch
French roll with honey mustard and 3 slices pastrami, 1 slice light provolone cheese, and about a tablespoon or 2 of Wasabi Wow! trail mix
IMG_0431

Snack
A small ramequin of jalapeno pretzels (about 6 or 7 total)
IMG_0432

Dinner
I was planning on making Fake Out Mac and Cheese, but I opted for Cheesecake Factory while I was out shopping. I didn't take a picture of the 4 pieces of bread and 1 butter pat I ate, but here is a picture of my white chicken chili. I had wanted to try the chili for a while. It was really creamy and had a kick too it. I only ate about half the rice. I think I could make a version just as good, but with a lot less fat and calories. Does anyone have a white chicken chili recipe they love?
IMG_0433

That's all for tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an awesome white chicken chili recipe. It's my take on Paula Dean's. I'm gonna make it in the next week or so. If you don't see it on my blog this week, I'll send you the recipe.