Monday, September 08, 2008

Why Not Go All The Way?

Friday's workout worked me a lot hard than I initially thought. I was sore for 2 days after. Usually I am just sore, if at all, for one day. I took Saturday off and ate like crap. Hello donuts, chicken tenders AND fries, mexican food, and beer, oh my!

Sunday I got up early to go hiking with a friend. We headed about 1 hour and 40 minutes east of Nashville to Virgin Falls. A 12 mile strenuous jaunt in the woods. We got off the trail a few times, it wasn't blazed very well. I saw some cool waterfalls and have the pictures to prove them. I was beat and pretty hungry by the time I got home.

I woke up the morning not too incredibly sore, but worried how I would be able to handle class this morning. It wasn't too bad, I went at my own speed. My own speed happen to leave me at a station by myself with one of the trainers. He asked me if I was sore because two others complained that they had not been this sore in a while. I told him I was, but I had also gone on a 12 mile hike yesterday. We had a conversation that went a little bit like this:
Trainer: "You are really improving your endurance and getting in shape."
Me "Yes, but I am not really losing weight."

He then asked me the dreaded food question
Trainer: "well are you eating well?"
Me: it was at this point I stumble and just sort of grumbled
Trainer: "See you are already paying for this class, why not just go all the way and do them both?"

It was at that point that I stopped dead in my V Ups and thought "Why not go all the way? What am I waiting for?"

What are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Blossom said...

Yes, sometimes we need someone on the outside to point out these little things that we should see ourselves! "Ahha!!" :-)