Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Numbers Game

I am trying to ween myself off of obsessing over numbers. For me the numbers include calories, points, weight, exercise minutes, sizes, etc. I think you get the point. This is a VERY slow process.

In the past I have felt that I am not getting a good work out if I don't work out for at least 60 minutes. I guess my schedule just allowed for me to spend endless time at the gym. Now, not so much. So, for the past 3 days I have been working out at lunch doing only weight and stretching. And I have been doing this for less than an hour (huge step for me). Previously, if I couldn't work out for at least an hour, it just wasn't worth it. Also, I have been listening to my body. If I am tired I stop, even if I have only been in the gym for 40 minutes. I have been able to walk around the lake the past 2 days and get some cardio in. I have yet to decide if I am going to walk tonight.

So when you all exercise what do you normally do and for how long? How do you decide when you have worked out enough?

1 comment:

The Price's Wife said...

I have to admit, I share your illness... I have 60 minutes BLAZED into my head... whether it's the elliptical, a walk, or basketball... I've gotta go for at least 60 or I feel incomplete. But you're right, some exercise is better than none!