Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Normal Eating?

What exactly is normal eating? For me it means not stringently counting points, calories, fat, not labeling food as good or bad, and most importantly enjoying what I eat! So I am going to tell what I ate yesterday. I know that it, by no means, met any healthy guidelines, but I did the best I could and I am not going to beat myself up over it.

Breakfast:
1 serving old fashioned oatmeal with less than 1/4 cup crasains. I know it was less even thought I didn't measure, just because I have measured it out so much I visually know.

Snack:
Large fiji apple

Lunch:
1/2 BBQ Chicken and onion quesadilla, tortilla chips, 2 oz of sour cream, salsa

Snack:
100 cal oreo bites
about 10 plain M&Ms

Dinner:
Black bean, great northern bean, rotel, and orzo pasta concoction
Single serve package of dark chocolate cadbury mini eggs

Woah. I don't feel like a deprived myself yesterday and I ate chocolate 3! times! I know I could have chosen a few different things to make my overall eating better for the day, but I didn't. I am ok with that. I enjoyed my lunch out and I was comfortable with all of my choices. I didn't associate guilt with anything I ate yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to keep this up.

1 comment:

anna said...

forget it girl! in my book you did sooo great!! do NOT associate that day with guilt. we are not perfect...and for me trying to be perfect makes me less so.