Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hanging in there

So I haven't been sleeping very well. I think it is a combination of things mainly including the weather. I went from pretty warm weather in the Caribbean to teens this week. Which means the heat has been on a lot. I am starting to get sick. My mom reminded me today that now is the time of the year I usually get a sinus infection.

Dinner on Thursday went ok. My friend was 30 minutes late and while this seems like a lot I totally understand the situation my friend was in. So, that put my whole plan into a little bit of an upheaval. My original plan was no chips, guiltless chicken platter with no rice and double veggies. And a side salad with dressing on the side. However, I caved and ordered chips while I was waiting. I loaded the chips full of salsa and only had about 10 chips TOTAL! My friend had some chips as. We ended up leaving chips on the table and we only had one order. Usually I take full advantage of the "bottomless" chips. Since I had chips I made modifications to my plan and didn't get the side salad.

I didn't end up going to the gym since my friend and I chatted for almost 2 hours. I did stop at Target though. I picked up the things on my list as well as a few others. I found the 100 calories packs that are the oreo and chips ahoy candy bites. They are SO yummy!


Friday I had a 2 hour lunch at Bucca di Bepo with classmates from South Africa. I really wanted to get just a salad, but since there were so many of us we opted for family style. Ugh. I didn't overeat, but the options we ordered weren't exactly healthy and we had dessert. I think the chocolate cake and the cheesecake were my favorite part of the meal.

I ended up leaving work early and going to the gym. An hour on the arc trainer and an hour on the bike. I cam home showered and then my friend and I went to a take out/cater to get some take out. We ended up with black bean salsa, a yummy red pepper/blue cheese/cream cheese spread, broccoli salad, tortilla soup, salad, and wheat bread. I ate a few bites of everything, but I ate way too much of the cheese dip. We ended up watching The Heartbreak Kid which I wasn't too impressed with. There were some funny lines, but I thought it was a bit too long.

Today I got up around 7 and was at the gym by 7:45. 1 hour of weights, 45 minutes on the arc trainer, and 35 minutes on the bike. I cam back and had leftover salad. I have just sort of lounged around all day since I have been feeling well. I did go out to buy concert tickets for a show next Friday.

I am not sure if I will go to the gym tomorrow. If it is not too cold, I might go for a walk at the lake. I have dinner plans with a friend and I need to pick a new place to go. Hopefully I will be able to pick a healthy place.

So I have gone 6 days without weighing myself. Other then vacations, I haven't gone more then 2-3 days without weighing myself. I am so scared that the scale will show a gain on Monday because I haven't been watching it. But at the same time, I also remember how exciting it was to see my progress when I only weighed myself once a week. I am hoping for good things on Monday!

2 comments:

Krissie said...

You have been eating relatively well and working out like a mad woman! Don't let the scale determine how you feel about yourself! BE PROUD!

Nikki said...

Thanks for keeping up this blog. I'm thinking of starting one myself. I started back to get serious about dieting again last Wednesday and had a two pound loss as of this morning. Reading this is really helping me!

N