Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Welcome 2008!

I had a great New Years Eve and New Years Day. I worked a half day on Monday and then I hit the gym. I picked up a friend from school and then headed over to a friend's house for a little pre-game action and some snacky snacks. I had pretty much decided before I left my house that I would be ringing in the new year sober. Last year in Paris was ROUGH and I wanted to be able to function on New Years Day. The food spread included chips, salsa, and spinach dip, a homemade chilly, and a polish potato dumpling with sour cream and bacon to go on top. I had one bowl of chili, and one dumpling. I ate a few too many chips and dip though. I had 1.5 Jack and Diane's before we left to go see the 80's cover band.

At the bar I had 1 Jack and Diane and 1 bud light. I rang in the new year completely sober AND I had a great time. They were all drunk though, so maybe that's why I had a such a good time. The 80's music was awesome and it was just a great atmosphere. A cute boy pulled me away from my friends and danced with me. That was it though. That was fun! I was home and in my own bed by 3 AM.

I slept in yesterday until about 10 AM and then I headed to the gym. I have been working out about 2 hours a day. Yes, this might seem a little intense, but I have done it before and it is what I did when I first started losing weight almost 4 years ago. I usually do my weight routine and stretch for about 30-40 minutes, the arc trainer for 45, and cool down with the treadmill for 50 minutes. I know I won't be able to keep up this intensity once school starts back up, but it will be a good little boost to my weight loss this week.

As far as my weight loss efforts go I have started to count points again and really journal. Also, I joined an Easter Challenge! I think this will be a great and supportive tool for the next 11 weeks. Also, the end of 11 weeks will mean I have about 2 weeks with grad school classes ever! Hopefully I won't let stress get to me. I have already found some great new blogs and I really need to revamp this site. It was on my to do list for yesterday, but I was invited to dinner at a friends.

So yesterday I went to the gym, cleaned my bathroom and kitchen, made soup for lunches and dinners, and then went to a friends for dinner. (The same friends I hung out with on NYE). We watched Amazing Grace which I wanted to see when I saw the previews in the theater. I think the song hooked me. But I am glad I didn't pay to see it in the theaters though. It was just OK. We ate a little dinner and I was starving by the time we ate. I had some chips and salsa while waiting. For dinner I had black eyed peas, 1 piece of pork tenderloin, 1 braut, collared greens (my first time ever!). I didn't go back for seconds when I easily could have. So yeah! The food was yummy and the company was great. We shared a lot of laughs about the previous night's escapades. I am really lucky and thankful to have this group of friends. I looked through my friend's digital pictures from NYE and I hardly recognized myself. There were some pictures of my backside and I had to do a double take. I felt like I looked normal. It was a really weird feeling.

Watch for NYE pictures and cruise pictures.

3 comments:

Krissie said...

Yay for backside double-takes!

(The word verification is okwvjob. Does that mean that I will be OK if I move to WV and get a JOB? are you trying to tell me something?)

Carleen said...

congrats on joining the challenge!! this should be a great year!

Anonymous said...

great pictures of the cruise! you look amazing.