Sunday, November 04, 2007

I'm Back From the Rainbow Nation!

I had the most amazing time in South Africa. I need to get back.

It took 31 hours door to door from Cape Town to Nashville on the return home. I can now say that I have been drunk, sobered up, and hung over all on one flight. Oh and I chatted up the guy who checked me in and scored the exit row baby for the Cape Town to Dulles flight. I had so much leg room that when my legs were extended they didn't even touch the seat in front of me. My ankles however are SO swollen.

I got in around 10 AM and put in a load of laundry and then went to the gym for over an hour and a half. I ate so much food and drank so much wine and beer that my body has been in total shock this past week.

I am in the process of uploading and organizing my pictures and of course I will let you all know when they are uploaded.

I am also in the process of catching up on all my blog reading. I have missed you all!

After this trip I have realized I really do love traveling and have done quite a bit. Just looking through my passport there are only about 3 pages with no stamps on them.

So my question to all of you, (lurkers included!) tell me what your favorite vaction/travel destination is or where you would love to go. I am looking for suggestions for my 2008 trip(s) :)

4 comments:

M said...

Glad that you are back and that you had an amazing time!

I loved Prague and want to go back there; ireland also. Never been to Scotland so that's likely my next trip. Rio is beautiful, Australia amazing. So many places worth travelling to! :) Have fun planning your next trip!

Krissie said...

I am so happy to see you back! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures and, of course, see pictures!
Nathan and I don't travel a lot...Avoid mortgage and student loan payments as long as you can!
That being said, we LOVE Asheville, North Carolina and the Outer Banks, particurarly Ocracoke Island.

Jenn said...

How fun!! I can't believe you had so much room in an exit row... I've never found them to be THAT much roomier.

Scott and I really loved Paris. I think he really loved Prague too, he was more impressed than I was, although I did have fun. It's cheap there, too, which doesn't hurt.

The next international trips we want to take, whenever that may be will be going to Athens, Istanbul, and Cairo (possibly also including either Bucharest and Budapest), and then a trip to Tokyo and China.

jennifer said...

I'm so glad you had the most awesomest time :)

I would suggest Argentina for your next trip! But definitely go in our winter so that you have a nice summer vacation to enjoy!

Cannot wait to see all the pictures!