Wednesday, January 11, 2006

So I can already tell that work related eating is going to be my biggest challange. I made it to the gym this morning doing 30 minutes of weights and 60 minutes of cardio. I ate my breakfast of Kashi Cereal (half a serving 1 point) and SF apple sauce (1 Point). I brought a bannana, but due to meeting I didn't have time to eat it. So I packed my lunch. Really it was a hodge podge (sp?) of items. Broccoli, 2 corn tortillias, 2 slices ham and 2 slices turkey, and a laughing cow semisoft cheese and the red rhine (Let me tell you, they are yum and they are only 1 point!). They remind me of amazing lunches we would get in Paris at the grocery and eat them with baguettes. mmmmm. Ok, well any way I was pursuaded by my fellow co-workers to go out to lunch at the on campus cafe. Gah. My options were pizza, burgers, pre-made salad, or mexican. I don't like their pizza. I could have gone for the grilled chicken sandwich, but I really didn't want fries. I thought about the pre-made salad, but it was almost $6 for a little salad and they had no FF dressing. So I settled on the mexican. I got a chicken taco salad with no shell and no chips. I can do with out the shell, but the chips part is huge. I love chips. I can almost eat a whole bag. Were not talking regular grocery size, were talking Sam's or Costco size bag. So I get the salad with sour cream and guac. I can't do without those just yet. All in all I felt I did pretty well except for the cookie. Ahh the cookie...these are not your regular cookies these are "Love Cookies" as Miss Shelly the lady who makes them calls them. The flavors are amazing. triple chocolate chunk, regular chocolate chip, toffee pecan, etc. So I am hooked on these damn things. When I paid for my lunch I resisted, but after my lunch I caved. I had a chocolate chip cookie.

One thing I am proud of is all my co-workers comented on how good my salad looked while they ate their burgers and fries and tortilla chips. I think next time I will be able to resist the cookie.

Wow, I just wrote a lot about my food intake. No wonder I have a problem with food =)

No comments: