Thursday, June 24, 2004

Whoa! I have been an exercising fool this week! Yesterday I worked out not once but twice! I went in the morning and did my routing of weight training and elliptical. But in the afternoon I decided I was going to switch it up and add a aerobics class. Since I couldn't go to the step class on Monday I went to the Strength and toning class. It was a pretty good work out. I was the youngest of the 8 people there for the class. The class included step, hand weights, bands, and pilates to finish it out. It was a welcome change and the ladies were so friendly. I am planning on going back next week, but I don't think I will work out as hard in the morning as I did yesterday.

For dinner yesterday my roommate and I went to Applebees. I got the Ranch Chicken Salad or whatever it is called for 4 points off the WW menu. However, I also had Spinach and artichoke dip. I am pretty confident that I did not go over point. I do feel that the salad was not worth 7.50. It was pretty small and I can get something bigger for cheaper elsewhere or even make my own!

Today I went back to the gym and just did crunches and the elliptical. I was really craving a burger and my roommate and I wanted to try this burger place everyone raves about. Plus, I had points to spare! My cheeseburger and fries were really good while I snarfed them down, but now I don't feel so hot. I think I will cut it in half and save the rest for later next time I eat there.

After being on WW for a while I have learned that nothing is really off limits, it all depends on portion size and frequency as well as a slew of other things. I still eat things that are not considered "diet" foods, but then again I am not on a diet. I am making a lifestyle change. I have learned to listen to my body more and analyze why I eat. It is definitely a journey. A journey that will last a lifetime!

No comments: