- On Sunday I was running in Percy Warner Park. For those of you, in the Nashville area I was on the 5.8 going the backwards direction. About 2.5 miles in I see a small SUV pulled off to the side of the road. I think to myself "why do cars feel the need to pull off on this one way road?". I can only see the suv because it is sort of parked on a corner. As I run closer, I see two people, a personal trainer and a client. They are using TRX bands I have used before at the gym. I am about 5 yards away and I realize who the client is. Nicole Kidman. This Nicole Kidman spotting was almost as cool as that one time I saw her head peaking out over the bathroom stall when I went to the bathroom before I left work one day a few years ago.
- Last Monday I guess Patrick Carney of the Black Keys was standing in the pew directly behind me at Interpol. I guess he left shortly after that guy was kicked out. A friend had to point this one out to me. Indie rockers are harder to spot in this town. I am surprised/embarassed that it is easier for me to pick out country artists...
- I saw Martina McBride at my local Kroger. The rough Kroger. The Kroger that doesn't have the best variety of products. Stars, grocery shop, just like us!
- I went to Pei Wei a few months ago with my co-workers. A co-worker said she recognized someone sitting at a table, but couldn't place him. I looked at him, "oh you mean Scott Hamilton, the figure skater?". She looked to confirm. She still wasn't sure. "Wait till he gets up" I say, "his height will let us know." CONFIRMED.
- I saw Robert Plant one night too. You know from LED ZEPLIN. I missed him the night he was at Three Crow, but that's ok because I'd already spotted him. And spot I did, he drives what I would considered a granny mobile and it was about to get towed. Stars, they can't park illegally and get away with it, just like us.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Famous people. Nashville and the surrounding suburbs are swimming with them. I love this city so much and it makes sense why so many entertainers and really cool people end up living here. Over the past few months I have had a few celeb sightings.
I know I've had more, but these are the most recent and some of my favorite. I love that in Nashville, stars can really be just like us.
I need to work on my indie spotting abilities, because Bon Iver is coming to the Ryman on July 27 and I need to be able to spot my future husband.