- I made it to yoga class on Tuesday night. I think the last yoga class I went to was on Valentine's day. It's been that long. And while I was almost afraid to go back it had been so long, once I got there I felt completely at ease. My flow yoga class was just what I needed. Fast paced and we rocked out to some 80's tunes. I was just thankful that after realizing my yoga pants were on inside out, there was really no way anyone could tell.
- I was at the gym on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday by 5 AM. It felt good to be back. And all the regulars were still there. I missed Thursday morning, but I made it after work on Thursday.
- I am thankful for my ipad. I have had it for almost a year and I haven't used it too much. But I downloaded the Kindle ap and it's been love.
- Have you read The Hunger Games Trilogy? I just finished the first book and am reading the second right now. They are a quick read. I used to read all the time. I'm glad I'm getting back into it (even if it is teen lit...). Any book suggestions?
- Fleet Foxes. I am in love. Not as much as I am in love with Bon Iver though. They played at the Ryman last night. And they brought their Indie rocker A-game. I would rank this show right up there with the Arcade Fire show from last year. And it proves that once again I need to work on my indie rocker spotting abilities. Between the opening band, the Cave Singers, and the Fleet Foxes, the stage was getting ready for FF. A guy was on stage tuning some guitars. People were snapping pictures. I just assumed they were eager fans excited about the show. Nope. It was Robin Pecknold tuning his own guitars. My only complaint about the show was that he constantly tuned his guitars between songs and it was somewhat of a distraction. I loved the four part harmonies. Truly amazing. I did not love the guy behind me who was trying to make it a 5 part harmony. I didn't realize until looking back at the few pictures I snapped how simple their stage set was. Good music doesn't need flashy lights and set designs. See them if they are coming to your city. Seriously, I love the Ryman and Fleet Foxes.
- You might get tired of me mentioning it for the next 2.5 months, but I am so excited about the Bon Iver show at the Ryman in July.
- I am thankful that this cicada infestation hitting Nashville right now only comes around every 13 years. I am really glad we can all at least laugh about it and that we have a cicada who tweets!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Back in the Saddle
This week wasn't extra special compared to any other weeks, but I finally started to get back into some sort of routine. And I was thankful for the little things.