Friday, August 13, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes

So a little over a year ago I wrote about my nerves the night before the Tomato Fest 5k here.

I wrote about the race itself here. And I already know that if I thought it was hot last year, it might possibly be Hell on earth tomorrow.

And my official results were posted here.

And what a difference a year makes. I no longer have pre-race nerves, at least not for 5k's anymore. And I actually sort of enjoy running now. However, they changed the course to include MORE hills this year. And no description can accurately describe the heat and humidity that has plagued Middle Tennessee this entire summer. Tomorrow morning will be no different. And why I am quietly competitive with myself, beating my time from last year is going to prove pretty difficult with the heat, the course change, and my current athletic state.

But this year is different. I've got my Garmin. I've got my playlist. I've got my East Nasty shirt. And I have a super supportive group of friends who I can wait to cheer on while we collectively run our race "together ."

1 comment:

esther said...

you did great! How hot was it, exactly?