Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Good Runs the Bad Away

Saturday was just what I needed.

The 5k was hard. It was hot. But I finished. Not only did I finish, but I had a PR on a pretty hilly course. 25:59. I was trying not to get my hopes up this week as far as improving my time from last year, but deep down I really wanted to. On Wednesday night we ran the course and I knew it was going to be difficult on Saturday. I felt like I had run pretty hard and didn't even finish a full 3.1 miles and my time was slower than last year. So my hopes of improving from last year seemed pretty far off.

However, I am slowly learning that I run better in the morning than after a day of work. I also tend to doubt myself. What a great way to kick off my training schedule for the St. Jude Half in Memphis on December 4!




1 comment:

Joner said...

Awesome job, lady!! You will rock the half!