Sunday, February 21, 2010

The 10 Miler

I ran 10 miles this morning. Correction. I ran 10 miles HUNGOVER. Like the hungover where you don't roll out of bed until past noon and when you do you go and buy a burger and fries hungover. I highly suggest for you folks at home do not follow my example.

I went out last night and drank a tad bit too much. Thankfully, I had all of my running gear laid out so all I had to do was roll out of bed. This was the last group run at the hilly park and I really wanted to make it. I ran just over 8 miles last week for 80 minutes and I was scheduled to run 90 minutes. However, as I started running I realized my pace was a bit slower than previous runs. I was shocked! kidding. I expected it. Plus there were mother freaking hills. Hills that aren't fun when I have gone to bed at a normal hour and did not consume large amounts of alcohol the night before. They were definitely not fun today. Miles 1-5 SUCKED. What changed at 5? It was downhill and started feeling less crappy. At this point I was trying to mentally decide if I quit or keep running the additional 30 minutes. I talked to myself into continuing to run. I ended up running 4 additional relatively flat miles. My iPod batter died at mile 8.55 and that is why my graph looks all jacked. I really wish it had worked for the entire time so I would have a record of it.

My pace was slow compared to my other runs. But given the circumstances, it makes sense. While I was running I realized that I really need to treat my body a whole heck of a lot better. While I may have been able to do this run this morning in my condition I know it would take a toll on my body. So just imagine what I could do if I actually ate and drank a whole heck of a lot better? Well, I am not really sure what I can do, but I would sure like to find out. So I am going to make a conscious effort to watch my food and alcohol intake. I would also like to shed 15 pounds too. I am sure all this running will be a lot easier with a little less weight too. I am not really sure what this will entail yet, but when I figure it out I will let you all know.

If you have had gorgeous weather this weekend, I hope you have been able to enjoy it. I get to see Howie Day tonight. It's been years since I've seen him too!

10 Miler

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Can't wait to hear how Howie's show is. We're going to see him in C-bus with Donnie in two weeks. I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

you ran 10 miles hungover? that's like 16km. i have never run 16k ever! wow! impressive.

anna said...

i can't believe you ran 10 miles in that state! you are die hard sistah!! nice work!! next time we meet up, let's run!!