Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Food Journal Challenge/Lent/Diet Coke Detox

I have signed up for Krissie's Food Journal Challenge! I am have taken pictures before of my food, but not every bite. I am excited!

So to get ready for the challenge I decided to take a picture of my grocery store purchases this week. I went to Trader Joe's after work on Monday. My total bill: $35.17. What does $35.17 look like?



In case you can't see everything from the pic, I bought:
4 gala apples
4 avacados
1 bag of spinach
1 bag of sliced mushrooms
1 bag of sugar snap peas
1 large carton of grape tomatoes
Raspberry salad dressing
1 quart of milk ( I just need to pic up some cauliflower and I am making mac and cheese this week!)
Plain french rolls
1 bag frozen corn
1 bag frozen berry medley
1 package lite provolone cheese
1 bag Wasabi Wow trail mix

So I originally planned to give up Diet Coke for Lent. However, I am on Day 22 of no Diet Coke and doing just fine. So I am going to be giving up SWEETS for Lent. Now what is a sweet? Well it is basically some sort of processed thing with added suagr (that's my loose definition). It includes candy, chocolate, cakes, pies, cookies, granola bars, 100 calorie packs of cookies, etc. All of which are things that I have binged on at one point or another. It does not include fruit or crasins.

Diet Coke Detox has been going amazingly well! Day 22!!! WooWoo! I don't really feel like I need one anymore. But I sure do miss my Diet Coke at Pei Wei!

6 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Great purchases, great picture. You should have Lent year-round.

Rachel said...

Oh man, I'm so inspired. I'll have to mull this one over...

Anonymous said...

You did so well for the money! I can't wait to see what all goodies you make!

Thanks so much for joining the challenge. I think we'll all get good ideas from each other.

Good luck with no sweets! We can do this!

marie said...

What? No broccoli? =P

*Christie* said...

WOW! Great haul for $35. Wish we had Trader Joe's here. We have Whole Foods and Wild Oats but they are so expensive.
Also awesome job on the diet coke detox. I went through that with my sugarless gum. I think the fake sugar is more addictive than the real stuff. I used to chew 3-4 PACKS a day of Eclipse. Now I have a few pieces every once in a while. You can do it too :-D

Rachel said...

Yes I DID go to Gonzaga, what a neat coincidence!