Thursday, February 12, 2009

Diet Coke Detox Day 11

So I haven't had a Diet Coke since the Super Bowl Party I was at 11 days ago. I realized on my trip to LA when the only beverages served at my conference during the panels were water and more water and simply just wanted a Diet Coke I had a problem.

You see, I love my Diet Coke. During the work day I usually "pop the top", as we call it in the office, around 9 and then have another one in the afternoon. If I go out to lunch of course I am going to have a diet coke and probably bring a to go cup back to my desk. After a workout at the gym, I have been known to swing through the McDonald's drive through and order only a Diet Coke. I have also been known to pick up a 20 oz Diet Coke whenever I go to Target or the grocery store.

The first few days were hard, but I didn't have any headaches. I have hardly missed it the past few days. But I do miss having it to go to for an afternoon pick-me-up.

While eating out I have ordered water. And I really haven't missed the Diet Coke.

I am not sure how much it has aided in my weight loss this past week or so given the fact that I am back in boot camp 3 days a week and walking on the treadmill 3 days a week at lunch.

I do know this. I miss my Diet Coke at Pei Wei. In my opinion they served the best fountain drink in Nashville.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am in awe of you! Amazing!

Natalie said...

Way to go! Diet coke is the one thing that i'm not ready to give up yet. Congrats on giving it up!!