Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Lazy Sunday

This morning I slept in. Had some pancakes I had frozen a while back with a few walnut and crasians and syrup...MMMM. Such a decadent and easy breakfast. I watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and then hit the gym. I must have not turned off my iPod yesterday when I left because my battery was dead :( I was prepared for a sucky workout and I had just the opposite. My 30 minutes or so of weights flew by. I was on the arc trainer for 35 minutes and watch The Princess Diaries. I got on the stair stepper and continued watching. Came home and made a yukon gold potato with cut up grape tomatoes and green salsa. Yum. I eventually made my way to the grocery store to by ingredients for Cat's Fake Out Macaroni and Cheese. So yummy! I used a little bit more pasta (I doubled the amount) and cheese than she said to in the recipe. Next time I will probably use less pasta and more cauliflower. I used whole wheat pasta and fresh cauliflower. I got 4 rather large servings out of this and now have leftovers I will probably freeze. I might try it with frozen cauliflower and see what happens. But this stuff was SO good. Thanks Cat for the recipe!

A little bit later I made pumpkin cream cheese muffins from a Trader Joe's mix and then I added the cream cheese on top. Super yummy and I cut the oil in half and replaced the other half with apple sauce. It passed the taste test as my roomie is currently eating one and just said it was really good. She has no clue of the substitution I made.

Tomorrow will be another lazy day. I have the day off. I fully intend to sleep in, hit the gym, and prepare for the week.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it!!
I'm having it with broccoli tonight!!

healthy ashley said...

Other than the iPod being dead, your Sunday sounds fabulous!