Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Didn't Say it Was Going to be Easy...

or that I was going to be perfect either about this whole getting back on track thing.

My workout yesterday was really hard, it wasn't just in my head. I was pretty sore all afternoon (I am usually not sore until the next day). I feel even more sore today.

Last night Mexican food was my downfall. I ate TOO many chips, taco, burrito, and some rice and beans. No alcohol! It could have been worse. We lost our football game, but it was a great showing by our team.

I went to bed late last night. When the alarm went off at 4:30 I did not want to get up. I seriously considered skipping the gym. I finally got out of bed around 4:45 and was at the gym just after 5. I hopped on my beloved arctrainer and read New Moon. I am almost done :) Then I got on the treadmill for about 40 minutes and upped my speed to 3.5 mph. I had slipped into a habit of a leisurely walk at 3.0 mph and I know I can do better than that. Stretched for a good 20 minutes.

I have got my lunch in the fridge at work and I am going to make something healthy for dinner.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

iCANdothis said...

i always struggle with the alcohol part too... it'd be so easy if it wasn't so good! lol. good luck! sounds like you're doing great!