Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I love NYC and all the food...

So I am such a sucker. I ate and ate and ate some more. I mean I know Chipotle and Jamba are all over the US, but they are in NYC. My food intake consisted of Starbucks twice, Jamba twice, Chipotle once, Serendipity once, The Burger joint once, and a few other yummy places as well.

Got in late Thursday night. I spent Friday morning at the Museum of Modern Art and really, really missed Paris. Like my heart was aching a little bit. They had one of the original Metropolitan signs in the courtyard, but of course the courtyard was closed because of the weather :( After the museum I met back up with Jenny and we headed to Rockafeller Center and did Top of the Rock and also watched the ice skaters. We headed to union square and ate some yummy mac and cheese at this place that only serves mac in cheese in different varieties of course. Then we stopped for my first Jamba. Next we saw the play the Seafarer.

Saturday we tried for rush wicked tickets with no success :( Lunch at Chipotle and the ice skating at Central Park! We walked around the park for a good amount of time considering how cold it was. We tried again for rush wicked tickets with no luck. We went to the TKTS booth and got half price Spring Awakening tickets. Yeah! It was awesome. I am so glad we saw that one. After the play we went to Serendipity. Even after the health scare we still had a hour wait. Oh well. It was yummy and now I have been there.

Sunday we slept in. The weather was really wet and cold. We grabbed lunch and then went and had a manicure and pedicure. I LOVE my black nail polish. It might be my new thing. After we headed back downtown for Pinkberry. I just thought it was OK. I don't really get what the big deal is. We were going to get tea, but the line was way too long. We settled on seeing the Atonement. Dinner was at the Burger Joint in the Le Parker Meridian. SO YUMMY!

I caught in early Monday morning flight to Nashville. I worked all day yesterday until 9 PM :( I had today off and did a bunch of shopping that I haven't done for my cruise that leaves on Saturday. EEEEEEK. I am nowhere near ready. I work tomorrow until 9ish and drink after with a friend. I am hosting an ugly sweater pub crawl on Thursday. On Friday my dad is here for the night and then we fly to Orlando on Saturday. Oy. I have a busy couple of day.

Pictures from my trip can be seen here.

Here is my favorite, right after ice skating:
IMG_4120.JPG

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh how I love New York! I know exactly where the mac n' cheese restaurant you're talking about is - it's called S'mac, right?

And Top of the Rock is suprisingly fun!

Jealous!!!!!

M said...

Sounds like a GREAT trip! Have fun on the cruise!!!

Anonymous said...

dude, you might be missing paris, but you took a ton of pictures of van gogh and mondriaan. ha!

(don't pay attention - i'm just jealous you got to go to new york)

Sarah said...

Good point Esther! Maybe I am missing the Netherlands as well? ;)