Thursday, July 05, 2007

I'm So Lonely...

It's happened. I have turned into that girl who got a little lonely and a tad depressed because her boyfriend was out of town. I thought I would NEVER be like that. So it started when I got home Tuesday night and had the place to myself. If Zach had been in town I would have been over at his place. He called about 10:20 and we talked for more then 20 minutes on the phone about our days. (He calls me every night when he stops for the evening.) I really didn't want the phone call to end. About an hour later I was really missing him a lot so I sent him a text letting him know. He then sent me back the cutest text and of course I was missing him still. I went to bed and just did not feel like getting up in the morning. So I slept in until about 11 AM. I got up and played dress up (my version of trying on all the clothes in my closet to see how they fit or don't fit). Then thank god a friend called and I met her up for lunch and we went to the mall. I think I was just alone for the first time for a good period of time when I normally would have been with him and it was a little hard. I told him about it last night and of course he told me not to do that/or feel that way and I know I shouldn't. It also sounds like he had a pretty lonely day on Hwy 1 in Canada. He saw lots of wildlife in the ROAD. He has also changed his itinerary. He is no longer riding to Prudhoe Bay. Instead he will spend a few days riding around Alaska. He told me he never wants to go on a trip like this by himself. Ah, I miss him so much, but on the upside it looks like he might be home 3 days early!!!

I know this really wasn't a weight loss related post, but I just needed to get it out that I really miss him and it hasn't even been a week. I still have a little over a week before he comes back if he comes back early

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Ahhh, Prudhoe Bay. A bunch of my coworkers are up there right now and I can't say I'm jealous, no one seems to enjoy it much. But then again, it is work for them.

I'd love to go to Alaska sometime. I think it would be fun to cruise up there and then stay as long as I want and fly back home. I just need to talk my husband into it!

*Christie* said...

I completely understand. When Ian was in New Zealand I went through this even though I didn't think I would feel it as much as I did. At least you get to talk to him each night!! I only got to talk to Ian every 3-4 days while he was away because of the fast pace his tour kept and the time differences. It sucked big time!!
If you need anyone to chat with you know where to find me :)