Friday, February 09, 2007

A Well Planned Week (sort of)

As I started to plan for my week last Sunday, I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it to the gym every day. I did go to the gym on Sunday right after I got back from ATL. I stayed up studying from my finance mid term Sunday night, so no Super Bowl for me. I didn't go to the gym Monday morning. Monday, I went to Huntsville to see John Mayer, so I ate out for dinner. I ended up with a turkey sub (plain) with baked BBQ lays. The place we stopped wasn't my first choice, but we were short on time. No gym Tuesday morning because I didn't get to bed until about 1 AM. Tuesday I went out for lunch. Now I could have chose the salad w/ dressing on the side, but I went for the HUGE quesadilla. I should have just eaten half, but I ate the whole damn thing. I made it back to the gym Wed-Friday. I did go to Logan's on Thursday for dinner and I had 2.5 rolls and peanuts. I am ok with it. They were yum!

This weekend I went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday. I went out Friday night with some friends and had a salad and 2 beers. I probably could have done without the beer though. Saturday I went out to a late lunch to this great french restaurant and had an omelet with spinach, mushroom, and cheese, split a salad, and this glorious bread basket with 5 different spreads including honey, butter, peanut butter, raspberry jam, and nutella. I am drooling just thinking about it. I ended up hanging out with my friend all afternoon and she had people over to her house for kebabs. I ended up making them all while she cleaned up =) They were yummy! Later we went to a concert where I had another beer. Like the night before I shouldn't have had it.

Sunday, I got up and was at the gym by about 9 AM. After, I went to the grocery store for my weekly shopping trip. Once I got home I made some yummy egg "muffins" with lots of veggies and turkey sausage. I ate 2 for lunch and then put the rest in plastic baggies and in the freezer for later consumption. I also made a brownie sort of dish from a recipe I found in my Rachel Ray magazine. So not diet friendly, but so good with some vanilla ice cream. For dinner I splurged and had Pei Wei. But I did not eat it all! I ate half the salad, the other half is for my lunch today. I only had a little bit of my pad thai so I have plenty of leftovers.

Even though my options over the weekend weren't the healthiest, I am still very pleased with my portion control and that I made it to the gym.

2 comments:

Sally JPA said...

That sounds like a truly fantastic weekend.

Mal said...

This just sounds like the kinds of choices you could sustain over the long haul. That's so important. Living a real life.