Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Want to Eat It All

Exercising away from home while on a trip just doesn't work for me. No matter what I do to tell myself I am going to exercise, rarely do I do it. I think I just need to accept this and stop packing like I am going to exercise every day I am away.

So breakfast this morning consisted of a sliced fruit, a diet coke, and a raisin scone. I should have forgotten the raisin scone, but I got it any way. Oh and while buy my breakfast I wanted to buy and eat about 4 doughnuts, a croissant, and a yogurt parfait. The only thing holding me back from the yogurt was the blueberries on top of it. I HATE blueberries, oh and the fact that I already had enough food to keep me satisfied.

Yeah, so I can tell this whole getting back to eating well thing is going to be tough I have a finance mid term on Tuesday that I have not study for. Hopefully I will get a little studying done on the drive back to Nashville. Oh, so that leaves Monday. Nope. I am driving to Huntsville to see my beloved John Mayer. So not only will I be stressed from not studying, I will be eating dinner out tomorrow. Oh, why do I do this to myself??

I have also decided that I am not going to rejoin WW at work. While I like the ladies in my meeting, I think my goals are just way different from theirs. I want to become the healthiest me I can be, they just want to lose weight and hate exercise. BTW, I love working out (aside from when I am traveling.) Also, I am one of the younger ones in the meeting. Now that the leader knows I have lost a bunch of weight, she is always asking me questions. It makes me a little uncomfortable. Plus, I feel the pressure to "perform" as in lose weight all the time. And to be quite honest I haven't been doing it since I joined the group. My weight has been fluctuation ridiculously since I joined. I think this will just be better for me.

So yesterday I met up with an old friend I hadn't see in about 2 years. It was so great to see her and she just has this awesome personality. We were talking about weight loss and clothes. She is probably about a size 10/12 and we were talking about weight loss and clothes. She told me that she used to say "I am going to lose X amount of pounds and then I will buy new clothes." And now she doesn't do this any more. She is focusing on buying classic pieces that will last and if she does happen to lose the weight she will get them altered. She was tired of putting that pressure on herself. I think I am going to start doing this with my own wardrobe.

4 comments:

*Christie* said...

I think that's a great idea about the wardrobe.

I am the same way.. kid myself that I will work out on vacation. I think on the greek cruise i actually will because there's a gym on the ship. But usually I don't!

595 Days said...

Hi Sarah,

Found you by way of Calorie Lab, I think.

Congratulations on the weight loss! I just celebrated a 3 year weight loss anniversary in January too.

I found that although Weight Watchers does include exercise in their programs, fitness isn't a goal and it really does show. My goal is like yours, to be fit, I however am having a struggle with being consistent with my exercise, and I still occasionally get off track with my food. I don't think you should beat yourself up for the occasional slip-up. I had one of those d@#$ chocolate chip cookies at Dunkin' Donuts yesterday...only 540 calories! I just view slip-ups as part of the process.

Congratulations again!

Alethea said...

I like the new look!! =) You've already come so far...so don't beat yourself up. I guess that's easier said than done. I didn't have the best "eating and workout" when I was at Far East. But tomorrow is a brand new day. =)

I hope you had fun at the Mayer show! I still can't believe that he's with Jessica. Oh well. =)

=)alethea

Sally JPA said...

I don't really do formal exercise on trips, either, so when I am traveling, I try to be conscientious about parking far from buildings, walking to dinner, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. Every little bit helps!