Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend Update

I am a little stressed right now. My other blog disappeared. I have no clue where it went or how to get it back. I e-mailed blogger about it, so hopefully they will be able to help because I think this has happened to others before.

Lexington, KY was wonderful. Usually on mini trips, I eat whatever I want because it is my time away. However, I am quite pleased with my eating. Friday evening I got in around 7:30 PM and checked into the hotel. My mom left a little later, so she got in around 9ish. I sung by chipotle and picked up dinner for us. She got a burrito, I got the burrito bowl. There was so much food I could only finish half of it. The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel. I had oatmeal w/skim milk, brown sugar, raisins, and assorted fruit. The brown sugar and raisins were a splurge as I usually use Splenda. Also, they had lots of goodies like pastries, biscuits, oven potatoes, bacon and sausage, but I didn't even get any. I had one of my mom's potatoes and it wasn't even that good.

We had a lunch at Panera, again good. We splurged and had ice cream. Dark chocolate ice cream with raspberry mix in. SO.GOOD. I consider this a success because I got the small when sometimes I get the medium or large when I really should get the small. Also, my mix in was fruit! No brownies or cookie dough, so yeah me!

We swung by chipotle for dinner again. I LOVE this place for some reason, and of course there are none in TN. This time we got a burrito bowl to share. At the concert I did have once glass of wine, but it was super tiny. Also throughout the day I nibbled on a few Frango mints.

Today my dad and brother met us for dinner. We went to this yummy bakery where I again had oatmeal. This time no milk, but brown sugar and pecans. What a treat! I also had part of a scone I didn't finish and half of a maple bar with butter cream filling. Yes, I know, I know breakfast wasn't the healthiest, but it was so good, a nice little treat, and I don't feel I over ate. I really didn't eat a lunch as I was driving home. When I stopped to get gas I was going to get a frosty, but the line was way to long. Back in the car and to the gym for me. I wore my workout clothes home so all I had to do was stop in on my way home. I did 45 min on the arc trainer.

Swung by the grocery store and picked up produce for the week. Once I settled in at home I started to make stuffed green peppers for this weeks lunches. I also heated up two of the egg "muffins", oven fries, and some frozen vegetables for a nice dinner.

I had a great weekend and it is sad that it is over. I am very proud of my eating this weekend considering how many chances there were for overeating. I feel that while my food choices may not have been the healthiest, I definitely kept my portion sizes in check.

1 comment:

Sally JPA said...

It sounds like you had a reasonable but enjoyable weekend. Good job!

You spoke of what used to be my two favorite 'fast food' places--Chipotle and Panera. Then I looked up what the calorie counts were on what I ate there. Oy vey! It was terrible. I eat there much less frequently now and have learned what to choose, such as (as you wisely chose) the burrito bowl with EITHER guac or cheese or sour cream, but not all three! At Panera I never eat a whole sandwich anymore. Certainly Chipotle and Panera are still better for you than most fast food in terms of what you are putting into your body, but the calorie counts were so shocking to me.