Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Still Going Strong

Wow. I can't believe it is Wednesday already. One week down and I haven't faltered. Today is a really nice day and all of my co-workers went out to lunch today at Logan's. I love Logan's, but there are way too many temptations at that place including the rolls and peanuts on the table. One of my co-workers even said to me, "technically we could bring you something back." I think that really just defeats the purpose of what I trying to do.

Anyway, I have been trying to focus on my food since I haven't been to the gym since Sunday. I haven't done the best. I had a run in with ice cream oreo sundaes on Tuesday and last night. They were amazing and I don't regret eating them. I also finished off a bag of caberry dark chocolate eggs. These have always been one of my favorite Easter Candies when they were milk chocolate and now they have dark chocolate! I am in heaven!

On Sunday I prepared most of my lunches for the week. On tap for this week is stuffed peppers. I sauted celery, onion and garlic in a little olive oil. I added some leftover turkey sausage that I had used in the egg muffins as well. I added some classico pasta sauce. I cooked the brown rice in chicken broth. And mix it all together! I cut the green peppers in half, so I made 4 servings and I had about 1/2 of the rice mixture leftover. I also have been eating the vegetable salad with different variations of granny smith apples, carrots, green onions, grapes, cucumber, grape tomatoes, buffalo mozarella, walnuts, and the honey mustard. I could eat that salad all the time.

I have also been eating pistachios, apples, and grapes for snacks.

I am hoping to make it to the gym tomorrow and Friday. Then I leave for Europe on Saturday!

2 comments:

Sally JPA said...

Ooh, your food sounds so good.

Have a great time in Europe!

Alethea said...

Enjoy the shows and tell everyone that I said Hello. =) Have FUN in Europe!!!