Thursday, February 22, 2007

Success!

Day 2 down and I ate the lunch I made for myself. I made enough couscous to have some for lunch today too. I also made the salad again. I had a gala apple and NF plain yogurt with peaches.

My co-workers don't think I can do this. That only makes me want to do it more. Also, some people might say that I am not really following through with this because I will be eating lunch out while I am in Europe. They told me I was already making excuses. Now here is where it takes a somewhat religous turn. Eating lunch out at work is a HUGE temptation and my co-workers are part of the problem. Eating out when I am not at work is not as big as a problem. I feel I am supposed to give up something that causes me to think about the sacrifice I am making and the sacrifice Jesus made for us. And I feel that is just what I am doing. A friend asked me what I would do if I had a business lunch. I told him I wouldn't go. I can always turn a business lunch into a meeting so that won't be a problem at all.

On that note, I will be going out to lunch tonight. Someone asked me about dinners out. Dinners out are not where I stumble most of the time, because I usually plan when I will eat out. Plus, due to my class schedule and dodgeball I usually have to pack a dinner as well as a lunch.

I leave tomorrow for Lexington to spend the weekend with my mom. We are meeting up there and going to see a John Mayer show (front row!) and do a little shopping. Then on Sunday my dad is meeting us there with my brother for a nice family breakfast =)

I'll be back on Monday, hopefully with a few pictures =)

3 comments:

Sally JPA said...

Lexington, KY? My sister just moved there two weeks ago.

Your co-workers seem like they're kinda asses.

In Europe, you must enjoy Europe and all that comes with it. That's important. :)

Alethea said...

You should tell them that in parts of Europe, lunches are considered "dinner" so therefore, you aren't cheating. Tell your co-workers to "stop hating". lol

How's dodgeball going? Sound like it's so much fun! I really wish they had a dodgeball/kickball league here. =)

Linds said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Haha you're the first person to get the John Mayer reference. It's definately one of my favourite songs too! Enjoy the concert! He's in Ottawa (where I'm from) April 16th... or something like that. We've got good seats, but not front row :(.

As for your co-workers, just ignore them! They are jealous perhaps! They'll be eating their words!!