Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I think I can, I think I can

So I am focusing on one aspect of my weightloss at a time right now. Right now, I am just trying to get my eating in check. I will be super busy over the next 4 weeks, but if I can eat well, I know I will be ok.

Also, I actually thought long and hard about what I would give up for Lent this year. This year I decided to give up work lunches. This would be classified as any lunch I do not make myself during Monday-Friday when I am at work. I rarely buy lunch on the weekends, but it is a constant struggle during the work week and my co-workers are not the best influences. They don't think I can do it. I think I can.

Today I had whole wheat cuscus with toasted pine nuts, celery, green onion, and mushroom cooked in chicken broth. I also had a cucumber, tomato, granny smith apple, and walnut salad with some Emirl Honey Mustard. My co-workers went out to a friend chicken place.

One day down.

3 comments:

Sally JPA said...

Yum, what you ate today sounds great. One of my coworkers today said, "S., you've lost weight!" I just grinned. There's a pay-off to me eating my lunches from home when she's eating KFC or Taco Bell or whatever.

Mal said...

Congrats on day 1! I am salivating just hearing your menu... It's a great goal!

Alethea said...

You can do it! Not to mention, you'll be able to save a little bit of money. =) By the way, your lunch today sounds great!!