Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This Will All Make Perfect Sense Someday

"This will all make perfect sense someday.
There's got to be a reason for the rain."

Sing it John Mayer.

It's been a few weeks of ups and downs, but things are on an upswing right now.

I received, what is quite possibly one of the best postcards from a friend ever.

I ran in a 5k and 10k on Saturday. The 5k was 5 seconds slower than my PR at 24:01. I need to keep telling myself that every race isn't going to be a PR. The 10k was for added miles. Follow a nice little 15k run up with brunch and it's a good morning.

I love Jack and Diet Cokes or a JDC or a Jack and Diane. I had one on Monday and I had forgotten how much I loved them.

Tuesday I ran my own version of speed sessions. I got there early and was pretty lazy. I only ran 4 of my 6 mile repeats. And I took much longer than the 1 minute rest. 7:52, 8:05, 8:06, 8:11. They should have been all 8:05's...

I went to speed early so I could have enough time to go to Lady GaGa. It wasn't my favorite concert, but I definitely loved her message of acceptance and individuality.

Tonight I ran 5.5 miles. All but the first and last mile sucked. Followed the run with a Blue Moon. Hurried home to make red velvet cake balls for a co-worker whose last day is tomorrow.  I just rolled out 48 of these suckers and will have to dip them in chocolate tomorrow before I go to work. AND it's Low Sugar Lent. They may not look like much right now, but tomorrow morning they are going to look pretty awesome.

IMG_7615

And the best thing about this week? Thursday is my Friday.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, good for you on the running! I am just starting out but hope to complete a 5k within the year :)

ghettogheek said...

OMG...I make oreo balls....DELICIOUSNESS!!!