Sunday, May 02, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Well, it was raining and pouring here in Nashville. But it has stopped for the time being. The past two days have been interesting to stay the least. Yesterday morning I woke up around 7 AM to thunder and lightning and quickly decided I would not be attending my 8:30 AM yoga class. I slept in and then finally got up and going and ventured to Target in the pouring rain to buy a wedding gift. I passed some high water in the street, but it was still passable.

I went to the wedding reception and then headed to Jimmy Buffet Downtown in the evening. Major highways in and out of town were closed at this point, but the rain let up for a bit. At the show Jimmy Buffet even made light of the rain. As we left the concert it was raining, but not too heavily. We went to a 24 hour diner after the show that was recently filmed for an Episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and had a late night snack. I went to bed around 1:30 AM. I woke up early around 7 or so to more rain, but went back to bed. Around 10 AM I head pounding on doors and yelling. I looked outside and my entire front yard was flooded. I went downstairs and there was at least an inch of standing water everywhere. Our power was quickly turned off and we grabbed clothes and headed to a friend's house.

I am home now safe and clean up has begun. Just water and dirt. Nowhere near as bad as it is in other parts of Nashville and Middle TN.

Please keep TN in your thoughts and prayers, we need it. The aftermath of this storm is going to last a while.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Last I heard it's around 14 inches! Craziness!

I am in Lebanon and we are pretty much flooded in. I got to the store this morning (thankfully) before the 2nd round of rain hit. Schools are closed tomorrow.

Glad you are safe!