Monday, August 03, 2009

Where Has the Summer Gone?

So I really need to make a to do list of blog topics. It mainly include finishing up the Europe posts. I could blog about my Wisconsin trip, but that was for DMB and involved shows and lots of drinking. This past weekend I went to Indiana for even more Dave Matthews Band shows. And for some reason it was just a really good trip. I can't really rank my summer 2009 DMB trips because they have all been so different and I have loved them all. But I think a lot of the greatness of these shows this past weekend had to do with the fact that it was relatively stress free. I didn't have to worry about driving anywhere before/after the show. I didn't worry about seats. And I just didn't worry in general. And a lot of it had to do with some of the friends I haven't seen in a few years. The friends I met back in 2002. While 2002 probably means nothing to you, it means a lot to me. The summer of '02 was one of those summers every young person should experience. No job. 20+ DMB shows all over the country ending with front row at the Gorge for Dreaming Tree and Halloween. This a topic well deserving of a follow up post.

I laughed a lot this weekend and it was good.


I have no trips planned right now at all. Of course, who knows how long that will last. The only thing on the horizon is my mom's visit over Labor Day weekend.

After a month off I am back at my morning boot camp class. I have missed it. More than I thought I would.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

It was beyond awesome to hang with you this weekend. I feel so spoiled! :)