Monday, October 15, 2007

I must be doing something right

My roommate who I haven't seen since Wednesday night just told me I look like I have lost weight!!! This is so what I needed to hear. The past week has been a real struggle. I have been doing really well with exercise, but only ok with food. I have had some serious run ins with the Sam's size Crasain bag. I have also had some deliciously wonderful meals on Friday and Saturday nights that were not the most point friendly. However, I think I might had had the best meal I have had in a long time on Saturday night. I think it was a little bit of everything that made the dinner so great. My friend and I split a bottle of wine. I ordered an appetizer of hummus, apples, grapes, pears, and a red pepper relish (there is some fancy word for it and I just can't remember it right now). It was served with a crusty white bread and various crackers. YUM! My entree was a perfectly seasoned pork that I couldn't re-create if I tried served over roasted potato and sweet potato spears. Topped with a lovely purple cabbage coleslaw and some sort of fried potato chips but they were really small! Oh my gosh it was simply amazing. We sat and chatted and the whole meal last well over 2 hours. After dinner, 3 of us went to another bar for a drink. It was such a great night.

Now I need to finish up my paper...

1 comment:

*Christie* said...

I absolutely love the little poem thing in the entry below and I think that is an awesome way to try and live your life. It's like a personal mission statement!

It's so exciting to hear about your South Africa trip. I am so psyched now that I know I enjoy travel and I want to see everything!

I've missed you babe :) Hope all is well.